WSET Level 2 – Award in Wines
START DATE: Tuesday 27th April 2021 (18:30 – 20:30)
EXAMINATION: Tuesday 22nd June 2021 at 18:30
FEE: €450.00 (All inclusive/may be paid in three instalments)
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a professional qualification intended for those who have some or little previous knowledge of the broad range of wines from around the world. This course is particularly suitable for people working with wine in a customer service or sales function of the hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries. The course is also suitable for the interested consumer.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT? The qualification focuses on the key grape varieties and regions of the world. Wine tasting is normally part of every class.
• How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
• Key white grape varieties
• Key black grape varieties
• Wine-producing regions of the world
• Sparkling wines / Sweet wines / Fortified wines
• Label terminology
• Food and wine matching
• How to taste wine, using the Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
To achieve Level 2 qualification students must pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions.